Infant & Toddler Care
The right kind of care and support of the young child’s learning is essential when infants and toddlers leave mom and dad, and enter the world of child care. In this series of videos, you see caregivers in various child care settings (including in-home day care) while they are providing significant interactions with infants and toddlers. You also see these caregivers planning and being involved with the various aspects of curriculum. The rationale of behind quality care is both seen and heard through the actions and discussions of these child care experts. These essentials of quality care are affirmed:
• Consistent nurturing relationships are key for the very young child in care.
• Research in brain development underscores the need for relationship-based care.
• Language and learning thrive within nurturing relationships.
• Curriculum emerges from knowing the child.
• Children can follow their interests and work on developing skills in individualized and appropriate curriculum.